Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Lawn Care 2008


Ok, so I am reviewing my list of things I need to get done, Goals if you will. Lately, it seems that most of the things on my list have something to do with landscaping. It may be because Spring is springing, the grass is growing, flowers are blooming, and I still have leaves from the fall 2006, AND 2007!!!

So get your MP3 players out, invest in some noise reduction head phones and get ready to dig in and get dirty. This is work, YARD WORK, and thats, the sound of the man, working on the yard... gang.

Here is whats on the agenda.
  • Get my riding lawn mower running and the blades replaced/sharpened.
  • Rake 2006 and 2007 leaves (all the while I will be creating my procrastination mantra)
  • Mow the grass! Weekly... oh drats!
  • Haul trash to dump, weekly
  • Yard trash collection (This will go hand in hand with mowing)
  • Tree Removal (Dead trees, oddly placed trees, ugly trees)
    • Need a chainsaw
    • Chain to yank out roots once trees are cut down (my apologies to the Lorax)
    • Horsepower
      • Will need to get the old truck running
        • Carborator needs to be drilled out
        • New seals
        • Gas tank drained
        • End to end inspection (it was made in 71)
  • Trailer cleared off property
  • Tree-house built
  • Baseball diamond leveled (Yes I did go all Kevin Costner on my back yard)
  • Pool filled (The after mowing pool parties will never be the same)
  • ANTS, ANTS, ANTS -- Destroy Destroy Destroy
  • Flower Beds and Walkways

1 comment:

@modernmentat said...

I love that quote. It was on Myspace homepage for a minute.