Monday, July 17, 2006

Day #1

I arrived in Edinburgh, Scotland without incident on Sunday Morning. My hotel room @ Bothwell Bridge Hotel was not available @ such an early hour so my host, John-Paul and I decided to travel to downtown Glasgow for a bit of coffee. We sat in this square @ Costa Coffee, and enjoyed the morning, the sites, and our coffee. After 3 hours of taking it all in we decided to go meet Sabina @ train station. After meeting up, we then got on a Subway (The Clockwork Orange) and traveled to the Kellingrove Museum. Newly remolded, it proved to be a good idea, as we saw all kinds of artifacts(historical, biographical, artistic). It was a museum that much like the Smithsonian in Washington D.C. except it was free. I was glad I was able to see the Musuem my first day in Glasgow, as it was everyone in Glasgow's first chance to see it as well (just reopened on Tuesday after being closed for 3 years). Culture. Lots and lots of culture. After traveling all over the Museum, my lag caught up to me, so I ask JP to take me back to my room so I could settle in. I settled in, coming to terms with no A/C, a trouser press(?) and electrical outlets that by American standards would be considered super. The Scottish wedding reception going on @ the hotel was neat to experience.

Well, its off to breakfast, and another wonderful day in Scotland. Talk to you tommorow, enjoy your day.

-Jeremy

Check out the web album to keep up to date with all the images captured throught my trip @ http://picasaweb.google.com/jtramell/ScotlandTripPosted by Picasa

No comments: